Submissions are now closed. Thank you for your interest!
Itching to sharing your WordPress knowledge with the community? You’ve come to the right place! WordCamp Orlando is looking for (mostly) local speakers (Florida counts as local) to share their experience and help WordPress users and developers. If you have an idea for a talk, fill out the form below and our committee will review your idea and get back to you.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Your talk MUST be related to WordPress in some way. Furthering attendees knowledge and understanding of WordPress is the sole purpose of WordCamp, so it’s kind of important to stay on topic.
- WordCamp is an educational event, not a trade show. Don’t pitch your product. Just don’t.
- Respect the logo/trademarks. If you repeatedly mess this up in your submission, good your chances of selection are not.
- WordCamp does not exchange money/goods/services for speakers. Please don’t ask.
- Be interesting. There are countless tutorials on “How to do [insert topic] with WordPress”. Find an angle that makes your method unique, something that needs to be shared with the community.
- Remember that WordPress is GPL (aka free). While plenty of users and developers have zero problem spending money to make money, if the crux of your talk is “spend $500, get awesome website” it’s going to fall on deaf (and probably angry) ears
Lastly, all attendees are expected to adhere to the WordCamp Code of Conduct. You can read more about it here. All speakers are required to agree to this code of conduct.